The person responsible for the deal in the CRM is usually the person who is actively following up on the deal. It is also this person who receives notifications for any change made to the deal including any deal information and the deal status.
The person responsible for the deal and all other deal info can be changed directly from the deal view page.
- Open the deal you would like to edit by clicking on it in the Deals section or by searching for it using the Global Search
- Click on the down arrow in Additional info to open further options
- Click on the name in Responsible to enter the edit mode
- Start typing the name of the new person responsible
- Select from the auto-complete options
- Click anywhere outside the field
- The changes are saved automatically
- The deal responsible has now been changed. You will see an alert on the bottom-right corner of your screen confirming the same.
You can also directly assign someone else the deal at the time of creating the deal. This is done by clicking on the ‘Show all fields‘ link in the ‘add new deal’ form and adding the name in the Responsible field in the Additional Info section.