While your pipeline can help manage your sales process on a daily basis, the Expected Closing Date (ECD) in the pipeline helps you create an accurate forecast of how much revenue you can expect from your pipeline in any given month. Thus, it is extremely helpful to keep your ECDs up to date to get the most accurate forecast.
The overdue deals are the deals in the pipeline whose ECD has already passed. These deals are easily visually recognizable by the calendar turning red on the deal.
Moreover, using the filters, you can filter your overdue deals as well in the following manner:
- Go to the Pipeline Section
- Click on the Filter icon (funnel icon) located on the top-right corner
- Select ‘Expected Closing Date’ option
- Click on ‘Overdue’ from the list
- Only the deals past their ECD are now displayed in the Pipeline.
You can update the ECD of these deals by clicking on the calendar icon the deal in the pipeline and selecting the updated date. All your forecasts would be automatically adjusted on updating the date.
This article is a part of the ‘Pipeline’ series. Articles in this series include: